وظيفة شاغرة: مطلوب أخصائي اجتماعي – مدير حالة للعمل مع Médecins Du Monde France
آخر مهلة للتقديم: الجمعة, 17 مارس 2023
نطاق الراتب: بين 1200 و 1500 (دولار أمريكي)
البلد/المدينة: Lebanon الشمال طرابلس
Applicants should send their CV [email protected] with the subject reference “SWCM/TRI” (CVs without this subject line will not be considered). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
start date of the position is April
MdM is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- Facilitate the integration of MH and GBV into primary health care.
- Support PHCC staff to provide multidisciplinary counselling and individual case management services for Persons with Specific Needs (PwSN) identified in the Primary Healthcare Centers (PHCCs)
- Organize and implement community-based psycho-social support activities including support groups
- Raise awareness to the PHCCs staff about MHPSS.
Main responsibilities and activities of the Case Manager can change according to the organization of the work and to the composition of the team.
Facilitate the integration of MH in primary health care
- Act as the PHCC focal point for matters related to MH and GBV integration
- Build the capacity of the PHCC staff on MH integration
- Coach staff PHC on safe identification of GBV cases
- Ensure tools and procedures on GBV services are in place and used, based on coordination with GBV technical team
- Support the PHCC staff in the safe identification and management of MH cases
- Provide sensitization sessions for the PHCC staff on MH topics
- Provide on the job coaching, supervision and shadowing for the PHCC staff trained on MHGap
- Facilitate community of practice and case discussion sessions in the PHCC to discuss MH cases between PHCC staff, and between PHCC staff and the MHPSS team.
Support PHCC staff to provide case management for PwSN
- Provide capacity building and support to PHCC social workers (or other staff) in providing holistic response to the needs of identified PwSN through the provision of individual case management services
- Coordinate with Health Monitoring Officers to facilitate the provision of assistive devices and living aids to persons in need
- Monitor the safe identification, referral and provision of basic medical services by PHCC staff to GBV survivors identified at the PHCCs
- Supervise and support PHCC social workers in safely referring cases to specialized services, including GBV, Protection, MHPSS, and others, upon receiving the consent of the person in need; provide support in updating the service mapping
- Conduct case conferences with the PHCC staff and the specialists to ensure a multidisciplinary and holistic response to the needs of the persons
Participate in community mental health activities
- Participate in updating the service mapping for MH and GBV services.
- Assist in the assessment of mental health and GBV needs and propose interventions in collaboration with the team.
- Design, organize and co-facilitate support groups in the community (of various nationalities, genders and ages)
Awareness raising about mental health
- Participate in the preparation and provide awareness sessions about MH and GBV for staff at PHCs
- Support the PHCC staff in organizing and facilitating awareness sessions at the PHC level for the people in the waiting areas
- When requested, participate to awareness sessions in ITS/shelters/streets to support outreach workers
- Advocate on all MH and GBV related issues and/or concerns through events organized by MdM and other partners.
Reporting and meetings
- Report on activities and data collection, respecting deadlines
- Participate in internal meetings and individual meetings.
- When required participate in external meetings with key actors, NGO’s/INGO’s, and hospital.
- When required, participate in network/coordination and case discussion meetings concerning Protection and Mental Health
This job description can be modified at any time according to changes in MdM activities or in the context with prior notice and agreement between the two parties. On demand of the direct supervisor, other tasks might be added to that present list.
- To behave with self-restraint at all times and respect the dignity and confidentiality of the beneficiaries.
- To be able to work as part of a team and participate in all activities of the mental health unit.
- To believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Respect each team member’s and partner’s position, work and specialty.
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor (flexibility).
- Respect different cultures
- University degree in Social Work required.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in NGO work.
- Experience working within the field of Mental Health and/or Protection will be valued.
- Previous training on MHGAP is preferred
- Belief in a comprehensive and holistic approach towards positive mental health.
- Arabic and English languages are mandatory.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to identify strengths and weakness and in proposing shared solutions for the continuous improvement of providing quality services.
- Strong ability to observe, analyse, report and take initiative.
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently.
- Clear commitment to the project thematic.
- Ability to communicate any technical or non-technical topic with clarity and to share any important project information with the team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft word and Excel
- Ability to self-reflect on your work, to recognize what needs improvement and to propose solutions
This position is a full-time position rotating between the supported PHCCs in Tripoli.