وظيفة خالية: مطلوب الأشخاص ذوي الاحتياجات الخاصة عامل الحالة للعمل مع كاريتاس لبنان
آخر مهلة للتقديم: الاثنين, 20 مارس 2023
نطاق الراتب: بين 800 و 1200(دولار أمريكي)
البلد/المدينة: Lebanon جبل لبنان
In order to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the template on the following link:
A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Caritas Lebanon is committed to all Safeguarding Principles and will not tolerate any act in any shape or form of misuse regarding Child Safeguarding Policies and Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment (SEA). All staff must understand that Caritas Lebanon will apply a zero-tolerance policy to SEA and any harassment of any type. Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Moreover, Caritas Lebanon will not share any personal data with anyone outside Caritas Lebanon whatsoever unless requested by Law. All applicants are strictly required to adhere to these standards. Therefore, the selected applicant shall be requested to provide additional information to conduct the needed background check.
In addition, Caritas Lebanon will reserve its rights not to hire any applicant who was previously reported for a SEA incident.
The case worker provides case management services to persons with specific needs to respond to their immediate needs, but also to strengthen their resilience and to support the adoption of positive coping mechanisms.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide counselling services to Persons of Concern (POC)inform them of the services provided in Caritas centers and more generally in the area
- Respond to emergency cases and run the 24-hour helpline, according to the internal procedures and under the Center Coordinator’s supervision
- Conduct initial assessments in order to identify the persons with specific needs/or extremely vulnerable persons who require individual case management
- Conduct home visits to assess the needs of the household, taking in consideration environmental, social and emotional factors that might affect the well-being of the individual and his/her family
- Develop with the Persons of Concern specific action plans, in order to respond to immediate needs, but also to strengthen the refugees’ resilience and to support the adoption of positive coping mechanisms
- Refer the cases to the needed services, both internally (to CDC, PHC, safe shelter, legal department, etc.) and externally to other NGOs and actors in the field
- Ensure the provision of emergency cash assistance for the most vulnerable refugees, according to Standard Operating Procedures, and under the supervision of the Protection Officer
- Conducted follow ups with the PoC and update regularly the case plan according to the actions accomplished and the new ones needed
- Report to the Case Management Supervisor on complex cases for final approval on the needed intervention and actions to be taken
- Coordinate with other NGOs and actors in the region in order to provide assistance to the PoCs and avoid any duplication in services
- Close PoC’s file when no further action is required and all the specific needs are met
- Fill specific forms for assessments and case management tracking, ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness under the supervision of the Case Management Supervisor
- Prepare progress weekly and monthly reports according to donors’ requirements
- Assess, plan and implement activities in coordination with the Center Coordinator and the Social Workers’ team when necessary
- Participate in trainings, case conferences and meetings in coordination with the Case Management Supervisor
- Active Listening: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and to work under stress
- Team Player
- Proficient in English and Arabic both written and oral
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft office – all applications
Bachelor degree in Social Work or any related field.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Experience working with Refugees and other groups
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups