وظيفة: مطلوب مدير مشروع للتغذية المدرسية – School Feeding Project Manager للعمل مع الجمعيات الخيرية المسيحية الأرثوذكسية الدولية – International Orthodox Christian Charities
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert “School Feeding Project Manager” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Under the direct supervision of the Programs director, the School Feeding Project Manager will be responsible for the management and implementation of the World Food Programme (WFP) funded Lebanon school feeding program in Lebanese public schools.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Manage and lead the project activities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan.
- Ensure the project is implemented according to the approved project proposal and budget.
- Ensure food safety and security norms and standards are applied at all stages of implementation (production, distribution and storage).
- Follow up, on a daily basis, on the project developments and progress to ensure compliance and proper implementation of activities.
- Lead logistics operations to ensure all project-related resources and supplies are available on site in a timely fashion, and are procured according to the specific rules and procedures of IOCC and the donor.
- Liaise with the donor to ensure the project is implemented according to the donor’s requirements and standards.
- Follow-up on the kitchen activities.
- Oversee and prepare periodic and end of project reports, with respecting quality and deadlines.
- Liaise with the Logistics and Procurement Coordinator to prepare bids and tender books and design a procurement process.
- Conduct regular field visits.
- Monitor and evaluate the project activities against the project objectives and budget.
- Ensure the project expenses are in line with the approved budget throughout the implementation phase.
- Liaise with the finance team on all required financial documents.
- Communicate and liaise internally with other IOCC departments as needed.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date project file.
- Manage, lead and provide guidance and support to the project team.
- Assess, discuss, and address program challenges with the project team.
- Report to and discuss program challenges with the Programs Director.
- Submit weekly reports to the Programs Director.
- Facilitate regular team meetings.
- Conduct trainings to the project team when necessary.
- Write concept notes and proposals, including budgets when new relevant calls for proposal are out.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Good report and proposal writing skills.
- Good knowledge of food security norms and standards.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines, standards and protocols is desirable
- Good understanding and knowledge of supply chains.
- Ability to achieve results and meet deadlines in a demanding, pressured and fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Dynamic personality.
- Diplomacy, confidence and ability to support and train staff.
- Capacity and willingness to travel to the field.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- At least 4 years work experience in a project management position.
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Previous experience in food security program implementation is an advantage.
Stationed in the Beirut office with frequent visits to the field.
The candidate should have a driving license and a car